We seek an Associate Consultant to join our team in Boston. Through project experience and direct mentoring, this role at Viscadia will offer an in-depth education in healthcare businesses dynamics and training in core consulting skills including critical thinking, market analyses, and executive communication.
- Develop a clear understanding of client situations and circumstances and visualize Viscadia’s role in helping solve their problems
- Gain familiarity and expertise in pharmaceutical forecasting and aim for excellence and functional leadership in this regard
- Identify and apply the relevant problem solving techniques and frameworks to address client needs
- Devise and execute market research – primary and secondary – to aid the process of problem solving
- Develop in-depth understanding of Viscadia’s internal frameworks, approaches and methodologies
- Design and execute custom solutions to client problems using Excel, VBA, Access, Python / R, SQL, Tableau, etc.
- Develop the therapeutic area expertise necessary to contextualize and support the problem solving process
- Execute analysis, create deliverables and collaborate with project team on a day-to-day basis
- Crystallize analyses and deliver communication to clients as well as internal stakeholders through verbal and written media (emails, PowerPoints, etc.)
- Develop working relationships with clients and serve as point-of-contact on key frontiers in the engagement
- Actively participate in and contribute to developing Viscadia’s capabilities and enhancing our offering
BA/BS required; Graduate degree preferred
- 3-4 years of experience in consulting, analytics or similar roles in the pharmaceutical/biotech domain
- Strong analytical abilities with the knack of crystallizing insights and recommendations from complex analyses
Excellent literacy in Excel and PowerPoint and knowledge of (or willingness to learn) more advanced tools like Python, SQL and Tableau
- Functional knowledge of healthcare datasets, syndicated databases and other related resources preferred
- Some understanding of forecasting and associated practices is a plus
- Willingness to work in a small and fast-growing organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Good attention to detail with an unwavering focus on quality
- Passionate about consulting, and delivering value to drive client business
If you think you are the right person for this job please send us your name, contact information and a copy of your résumé.